Director of Finance – Chelsea Jewish Lifecare
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, a highly respected leader in senior living, employs over 1,000 staff members and provides care to over 800 individuals daily, with campuses in Chelsea and Peabody, Massachusetts. Offering a full continuum of services, Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is redefining senior care and re-envisioning what life should be like for those living with disabling conditions. The eldercare community includes a wide array of skilled and short-term rehab residences, traditional and specialized assisted living options, memory care, independent living, adult day health, geriatric care management (aging life care), visiting nurse, personal care and hospice agencies that deliver customized and compassionate care. Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to be one of the largest senior living non-profit organizations in New England.
The Director of Finance will report to the Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for oversight and ongoing assessment of financial systems. S/He will also ensure the following:
- Sound fiscal management of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare
- Maximize efficiency and productivity by establishing and/or maintaining rigorous financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting
- To lead and ensure value added financial support is provided to all business unit leaders.
- Assure excellence in accounting and associated reporting
- Develop and implement goals, policies and procedures in accounting and financial
- Direct annual budget development for use with internal management and external parties.
- Accountable for cash management
- Responsible for accuracy, integrity, and management of general ledger, financial analysis/reporting, and internal controls.
- Produce accurate and timely monthly financial statements, including budget to actual projections for income statement, cash flow and balance
- Oversee the finance team and manage the continual improvement of systems and
- Oversee timely, accurate and effective execution of core fiscal operations, including accounting, accounts payable, billing, purchasing, payroll operations and all required external reporting.
- Direct the coordination and execution necessary to assist the external auditors
- Assist with special projects, technical accounting analysis and ad-hoc
- Oversee completion and filing of all corporate income tax
- Supervise and manage finance staff
- Adhere to Organization’s policies and procedures, respect confidentiality and maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Promote ongoing positive communication with all stakeholders, including staff, participants, family members, internal directors and regulatory representatives to assure appropriateness, effectiveness, and efficiency of
- Amend work schedules and assignments contingent upon needs of Organization and individuals
- The ideal candidate will have substantive experience working in skilled nursing and/or rehabilitation facilities, preferably 501 c-3 nonprofits, with multiple locations and diverse public sector funding and
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or other related field required; CPA preferred
- A minimum of five years of senior financial management experience
- Acceptable Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI)
- Prior experience with MA regulatory agencies, e.g., DPH and Mass Health, is preferred
- Analytical self-starter who produces quality work in a timely fashion
- Strong emphasis on teamwork; motivation to support mission with external audiences
- Demonstrated excellence in communications and internal presentations
How to Apply
All applicants should review the Chelsea Jewish Lifecare website, www.chelseajewish.org, to familiarize themselves with positions and programs before applying. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com describing their qualifications, interests, AND how they would carry out the day-to-day responsibilities listed above. Also, do put “Chelsea Finance Director” in the email subject line to expedite review. No phone calls please.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.