Compliance Manager – Growing Community Bank – Worcester, MA
AMS is currently partnering on an exclusive role with a Community Bank in the greater Worcester area. The role will assist with the Bank’s Compliance Management Policy and Program. The Lending Compliance Manager’s main responsibility is the ownership of developing, coordinating and managing the compliance monitoring program for the Bank’s lending functions, including commercial, residential, consumer and small business. The role serves as the key resource to all Bank management and personnel in the regulatory and compliance areas, especially to the lending, loan servicing and credit areas.
Significant exposure to all Bank management.
- Develop, maintain and manage a reliable and effective quality control and compliance-monitoring program for all lending and credit related functions. Responsible to complete regular, on-going monitoring and testing of the Bank’s lending and credit processes to ensure the business is adhering to set practices, procedures, policies, & guidelines, including all applicable regulatory compliance requirements and third-party lending partners (such as FHLMC, correspondent lenders, etc.).
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating the integrity of the lending process from application submission through closing, booking and servicing. Interact directly with line, credit, and operations units within the Bank to ensure that each respective area is adhering to pre-set practices, procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Areas to be included within QC/monitoring activities: HMDA/CRA/Small Business reporting; residential lending (including FHLMC underwriting, selling and servicing guidelines); consumer lending (including dealer loans); commercial lending, small business lending (Including SBA guidelines and requirements) and fair lending.
- Assist in development and implementation of the Compliance Management Program. Identify potential risks or inefficiencies and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Provide compliance management guidance and support to all lending, loan servicing and credit business units. Meet with business unit management periodically to review the business’ compliance management activities and programs. Partner with supported business units to ensure ongoing maintenance and effectiveness of their compliance activities and programs.
- Responsible to obtain and maintain proficient knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations applicable to the Bank, especially relating to lending, loan servicing and credit activities, as well as Freddie Mac (FHLMC) underwriting, selling and servicing guidelines and SBA guidelines. Obtain and maintain knowledge of Bank services, policies and procedures.
- Available to assist supported business unit management in conducting research, interpreting laws and regulations, and forming opinions. Provide compliance guidance and direction to supported business areas, as needed.
- Assist, as needed, in the management of various compliance risks assessments conducted across the Bank, especially Fair Lending.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+years banking experience in the areas of lending and/or compliance required.
- Compliance/lending certifications are preferred.
- Experience in lending and lending operations, lending regulatory compliance, audit and secondary market lending (FHLMC) are preferred.
TO APPLY: Please forward your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to:
Bob Pavao email@example.com